Thursday, March 29, 2007

D-Day, part the first

I know I just used that line for a subject heading a couple days ago, but screw it. I just wasn't planning ahead, is all. Anyway, it's time for another radio show to download, or, more accurately, THREE radio shows! How, you say?

Well, I started off doing the typical half-hour new release showcase, all songs making their FU:EL debut....

Modest Mouse "Dashboard" We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
!!! "All My Heroes Are Weirdos" Myth Takes
Maps and Atlases "Stories About Ourselves" Trees, Swallows, Houses
Thomas Lunch "Fire Puppy" Diagrams Without Instructions
Walker Kong "We Are the Falling Stars" Deliver Us From People
Central Services "Song '89" Central Services
The Fratellis "Chelsea Dagger" Costello Music
The (International) Noise Conspiracy "Bigger Cages, Longer Chains" Live at the Oslo Jazz Festival

....then it was onto the D portion of the evening. When I was originally thinking about the show, I was sure I'd only do one hour's worth of D's, but as I went through my collection I realized I could very easily do 2 hours, and I bulked up the setlist with a batch of stuff from the KWUR stacks. I'm halfway tempted to expand all but the most paltry letters (Q, X, Y, Z) into 2 hours' worth of shows just so that I expand outside of my own CD collection as much as possible. 19 D songs this week, 6 of which came from outside of my collection. Anything requests for Dm-Dz let me know! There's at least one really good shocker in there toward the end....


Dale, Dick and the Del-Tones "Miserlou" Music From the Motion Picture Pulp Fiction
Deathray Davies "Maggie Doesn't Blink" Midnight at the Black Nail Polish Factory
Darker My Love "What's a Man's Paris" Darker My Live
Dinosaur Jr. "Feel The Pain" Without A Sound
Division of Laura Lee "We've Been Planning This For Years" Black City
Dirty Pretty Things "Deadwood" Waterloo To Anywhere
Dead Kennedys "Let's Lynch the Landlord" Dead Kennedys
Descendents "Nothing With You" Cool To Be You
Devo "Uncontrollable Urge" Q. Are We Not Men? A. We Are DEVO!
Dag Nasty "Bottle This" Minority of One
Def Leppard "Me & My Wine" High 'n' Dry
Decemberists, The "Billy Liar" Her Majesty
Death Cab For Cutie "The Sound of Settling" Transatlanticism
Dinosaur Jr. "Just Like Heaven" Duck And Cover
Dismemberment Plan "Superpowers" Change
Daft Punk "Digital Love" Discovery
Dada "Dizz Knee Land" Puzzle
Dispatch "Outloud" Bang Bang
Destroyer "Your Blood" Destroyer's Rubies

....and then the girl who did the show after me couldn't do her show. I was tempted to go through the rest of the Ds as one big 2 1/2 hour extravaganza, but then I cut myself too short on time to go through any more CDs from my own collection to check songs for naughty words and that sort of thing. So instead? Another hour of new releases! Score!


Rockford Mules "Ain't My Home" Crooked Tooth
Albert Hammond Jr. "Call an Ambulance" Yours To Keep
The Shins "Girl Sailor" Wincing the Night Away
The Apples in Stereo "Same Old Drag" New Magnetic Wonder
The Bird and the Bee "Again & Again" The Bird and the Bee
Deerhoof "Believe E.S.P." Friend Opportunity
Of Montreal "Suffer For Fashion" Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
Nathan Oliver "Black Ship, White Sails" Nathan Oliver
Nurses "Lots of Brass" Hangin' Nothin' But Our Heads Down
The View "Skag Trendy" Hats Off To the Buskers
Dead Town Revival "Hail to the Chief" Hasta La Muerte
Dead Child "Never Bet the Devil Your Head" Dead Child
Bayside "Walking Wounded" Walking Wounded
Bikeride "And We Will Come Back As Dogs" The Kiss

Please download and enjoy all three!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home